Meet Dr. Comeaux
Dr. Comeaux has been actively practicing dentistry for over 20 years. He is dedicated to providing quality, high-tech, comfortable dental and periodontal care for adults. He has received years of training and specialty education in periodontics, and commits additional team to continuing his education with advanced courses, attending seminars, and maintaining memberships with several prestigious dental associations. Dr. Comeaux believes in delivering the best care possible, and strives to uphold the reputation of this practice, and the trust that our patients place in us.
Dr. Comeaux began his career in dentistry by attending Louisiana State University where he earned his Bachelor of Science degree in biology and history in 1974. He continued his education at the Louisiana State University School of Dentistry, earning a Doctor of Dental Surgery degree four years later. Dr. Comeaux completed a two-year general practice residency at Charity Hospital in New Orleans and received a certificate in general dentistry. Finding his passion in periodontics, Dr. Comeaux completed his post-graduate education at the University of Iowa with a certificate in periodontics in 1982. In addition to private practice, Dr. Comeaux has also worked on the dental staff at several Louisiana hospitals, including Lafayette General Medical Center, Park Place Surgery Center, Women and Children's Hospital, and Opelousas General Medical Center.
Dr. Comeaux's professional memberships include:
- Louisiana State Board of Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Periodontology
- Diplomate American Board of Periodontology
- Louisiana Dental Association
- Louisiana Society of Periodontists
- Southwest Society of Periodontists
- Southern Academy of Periodontology
- American Academy of Microscope Enhanced Dentistry
- International Team of Implantology (ITI)
- Acadiana District Dental Association